10 Inspirational Eckhardt Tolle Quotes
Eckhardt Tolle Quotes
Eckhardt Tolle, most known for being the author of the New York Times Best-Seller “The Power of Now” is known for being one of the most influential spiritual authors of our time. If you want to be inspired by his thoughts on spirituality, mindfulness and living in the now, then these quotes will help you find that extra boost of inspiration that you need.
10 Inspirational Eckhardt Tolle Quotes
- Wherever you are, be there totally. If you find your here and now intolerable and it makes you unhappy, you have three options: remove yourself from the situation, change it, or accept it totally. If you want to take responsibility for your life, you must choose one of those three options, and you must choose now. Then accept the consequences.
If you are trying to master the art of mindfulness, this is a powerful quote about learning to be in the here and now and that no matter where you are to be there fully.
- In the egoic state, your sense of self, your identity, is derived from your thinking mind – in other words, what your mind tells you about yourself: the storyline of you, the memories, the expectations, all the thoughts that go through your head continuously and the emotions that reflect those thoughts. All those things make up your sense of self.
Being true to you and to your authentic self is extremely important, but it also extremely difficult in today’s world. This quote makes a powerful statement on finding and accepting your true self.
- Boredom, anger, sadness, or fear are not ‘yours,’ not personal. They are conditions of the human mind. They come and go. Nothing that comes and goes is you.
When you need a pick-me-up to get you through a difficult time and through difficult emotions, remember this quote. These feelings will pass and when they do you will still be there.
- People tend to dwell more on negative things than on good things. So the mind then becomes obsessed with negative things, with judgments, guilt and anxiety produced by thoughts about the future and so on.
When you are dealing with feelings related to stress, anxiety and negative thoughts and feelings just remember this quote and remember that negativity breeds more negativity. If you can stop the cycle of negativity it will only help you in the long run.
- In the stillness of your presence, you can feel your own formless and timeless reality as the unmanifested life that animates your physical form. You can then feel the same life deep within every other human and every other creature. You look beyond the veil of form and separation. This is the realization of oneness. This is love.
The stillness and time you spend with just yourself during meditation isn’t just about understanding yourself. It can help you understand others as well. The self-awareness you develop with mindful meditation is truly powerful.
- To complain is always nonacceptance of what is. It invariably carries an unconscious negative charge. When you complain, you make yourself into a victim. When you speak out, you are in your power. So change the situation by taking action or by speaking out if necessary or possible; leave the situation or accept it. All else is madness.
This is a lesson that many people need a reminder of, especially when things don’t seem to go their way. Complaining about things you cannot change puts you as a victim, instead of a position of power.
- Fear seems to have many causes. Fear of loss, fear of failure, fear of being hurt, and so on, but ultimately all fear is the ego’s fear of death, of annihilation. To the ego, death is always just around the corner. In this mind-identified state, fear of death affects every aspect of your life.
You need to understand the power that fear can have in your life and in everyone’s life if you are ever going to overcome fear and make sure it doesn’t dictate you and who you are. Fear is everywhere—but don’t let it control you.
- When you get into your car, shut the door and be there for just half a minute. Breathe, feel the energy inside your body, look around at the sky, the trees. The mind might tell you, ‘I don’t have time.’ But that’s the mind talking to you. Even the busiest person has time for 30 seconds of space.
One of the biggest reasons people don’t practice mindful meditation and don’t get to accept the unique benefits of this practice is because they think they just don’t have time. You don’t need a lot of time in order to just be present in the moment and to meditate even for a few seconds. When it is put in perspective like this, you can really see how easy it is add mindfulness into your daily routine.
- So many people have this idea: I want to achieve something great or be somebody great. And they neglect the step that leads to greatness. They don’t honor this step at this moment because they have this idea of some future moment where they are going to be great.
Just wanting to do something great with your life is only half the battle. You need to acknowledge the steps that they need to take in the present to get there.
- Your entire life only happens in this moment. The present moment is life itself. Yet, people live as if the opposite were true and treat the present moment as a stepping stone to the next moment – a means to an end.
If you want to be mindful and present in the moment, remember this quote and remember to stay full engaged in what is happening in front of you.