Helpful Mantras During This Pandemic
As we all are struggling to get through these difficult times surrounding the Covid-19 pandemic, it has never been more important to focus on self-care. There are many people faced with uncertainty, illness, job loss and depression as a result of this pandemic. It is a difficult time for people from all walks of life.
While there isn’t much we can do to stop the virus itself from infiltrating into our everyday lives, there are ways that we can make sure we are individually as healthy and as balanced as possible. While staying inside, wearing a mask, exercising and eating right are all great ways to keep our bodies healthy—we need to make sure we are also keeping our minds and our spirits healthy as well.
One of the many ways to do this is by meditating. Just 15 minutes of mindful meditation a day can make all of the difference in your mental and spiritual well-being. And in order to get the most out of these meditation sessions, you need to have the right mantra to use during your practice.
If you aren’t already familiar with mantras and meditation, there is no better time to start. Plus, there are many different apps and programs available that can lead you through guided meditations that help you get ahold of the process and how it works.
Choosing Your Mantra
The best way to practice a mantra is to find a quiet space where you can steady your breathing and repeat your positive, affirming phrases in a place where you won’t be interrupted. You can practice your mantras first thing in the morning before you start your day, or at night before you head off to sleep.
A great mantra should not only be used during your actual meditation practice, but it can be used throughout your life and throughout your day to help you find inner peace and balance. You can say your mantra to yourself every morning, you can write it on your mirror or in your planner, or you can just keep it with you throughout your day.
As you start to work on your personal mantra, there are a few questions you can ask yourself in order to figure out the best mantra for you personally.
- What do you see as your primary role in your life? Is your role a protector? Provider? Partner? How do you identify yourself in your world either personally or professionally.
- What things do you value most? When you think about values, think about values that you aspire to have. During this pandemic values of kindness, patience and consistency may stick out more than ever.
- What do you feel is missing from your life? What feelings or thoughts do you wish you could introduce to your life right now?
- Think about your fears and anxieties. What do you wish you could have a reprieve from when it comes to the things that you fear the most?
- What feelings of support do you need to hear? Is there something you wish that a trusted friend or family member would tell you to reassure you? Do you want to hear that everything will be OK? Do you want to hear that you can make it through? Think about what you wish someone else would tell you and then use it as a mantra you tell yourself.
Mantras can be as short as a word or as long as a phrase or sentence, but they should be short enough for you to remember word for words and short enough for you to be able to repeat to yourself over and over again.
Sample Mantras For You To Try
A powerful mantra can actually utilize your mind to trick your body into calming down, and alleviating that “fight or flight” response that keeps many of us worried, anxious or on-edge.
The point is finding the right mantra to help you through. There are different mantras that are ideal for different situations, people and times in our life. If you are looking for a helpful mantra that is specifically catered to these unprecedented times surrounding this pandemic, we have a few options for you to consider.
- Today, I will find stillness and peace within me.
- I embrace new challenges.
- I choose to think about the positive and be kind to others.
- I am strong enough to make it through this.
- I go after my dreams.
- I enjoy my role at home and will embrace my responsibilities to my family.
- I am brave enough to try.
- I am grateful.
- I am happy.
- I am at peace.
- I am safe.
- I am a survivor and will continue to survive this.
- Mistakes help me learn.
- I am enough and I do enough.
- I can be anything.
- I have all I need in my life.
- I am grateful for my health and my family.
- I will give my clients kindness today.
- This too shall pass.
There is no such thing as a “bad” mantra. You just need to choose a mantra that speaks to you and that works for you.
It is completely normal to feel anxiety or depression during this pandemic. However, the right mantra can be a helpful tool in learning how to navigate this new normal. Staying calm through this global pandemic while you are dealing with change and separated from your loved ones is hard—which is why sticking with your self-care efforts is more important than ever.
Here at Zenful Spirit, we understand just how difficult these unprecedented times can be. We hope that these helpful mantras can help keep you focused on the positive. We all need to focus on our own health and well-being during these difficult times in order to make it through the pandemic—and these mantras are a great place to start.