Zen Sleep Remedies For People Who Can’t Wind Down
Zen Sleep Remedies
There are so many people today who struggle to get the sleep they need. While some people struggle to find enough time to sleep, for others it is all about getting their bodies to wind down enough to get some rest. Let’s face it, we all live busy lives and when you spend your day trying to get as much energy as possible to make it through, it can be really difficult to flip that switch in the evening and fall right to sleep. This post will explore zen sleep remedies that are sure to help you sleep
If you are one of these people who simply cannot wind down at night, you don’t necessarily have to turn to sleep aids or medications. There are a few natural, Zenful solution that you can try that can help you wind down so you can get the natural, restorative, quality sleep that you deserve.
- Meditation- This is one of the most effective ways to get the quality sleep that you need at night. Plus, regular meditation won’t just help you sleep, it will help in other areas of your life as well. Meditation for sleep doesn’t require a lot of time. You just need 10-15 minutes in a completely quiet space and to start with a simple mantra. You can also use guided meditations if you are new to the practice.
Meditating can help you re-center your mind, clear your thoughts and find that balance that you are looking for. It can also help clear your mind of all of those distractions that are keeping you up. Taking this 10-15 minutes to wind down in the evening, can set you up for success with your sleep, and it is much more effective than tossing and turning the entire time.
- Take a Warm Bath First- Soaking in a nice warm bath can really help you fall asleep, no matter how stressful your day was. You don’t need to go all out with candles. But you should consider soaking for a few minutes. It can help raise your body temperature, and then cause it to rapidly cool down when you get out of the tub. Why is this important? Studies have found this temperature drop actually helps the body prepare for sleep.
- Set A Routine– This is a very effective strategy for individuals who struggle to fall asleep at night. You need to create a pre-bed routine that is filled with relaxing activities. This can include a bath or reading a book (but avoid electronics and television). After your body falls into the rhythm of this routine, as soon as you start doing this process before bed, your body will naturally try to enter sleep mode and start to wind down on its own.
- Get Out of Bed- If you have been tossing and turning for more than 20-30 minutes, it is time for a change in scenery. It may seem strange, but this is a tactic that is specifically designed to help people who can’t get their racing minds to slow down. You need to wind down before you get to bed, and if you don’t do this for yourself, it can make it really hard to get the stimulation under control.
If you find your mind racing, get out of bed and do something else for 20 minutes. It will help you clear your mind, and re-associate the bed with sleep time which is one of the best zen sleep remedies
- Aromatherapy- Aromatherapy is a powerful tool and one that can really help put your mind at ease as you get ready for bed. Essential oils or even scented eye masks or pillows are a great place to start. One of the most commonly used essential oils for sleep is actually lavender. In fact, one 2008 study found that women with insomnia who smelled lavender before bed fell asleep more easily, and get a deeper sleep as a result.
We all know how important it is to get enough sleep at night. However, sleep doesn’t always come as easy as we want it to. Next time, you are struggling to wind down after a high-energy day, consider these Zenful sleep remedies to help put your mind at ease and help you get the rest that you deserve.