22 Successful People Who Meditate
When it comes to finding your own success in today’s difficult and demanding market, one of the best things that you can do is to look to others who have found success before you for guidance. For example, there are dozens of celebrities, entrepreneurs, and multi-millionaires in the world today that value the art of daily meditation as a way to help them build their success.
If you are looking for a little extra motivation in your meditation practices, or have been on the fence about trying meditation at all, here is a list of 22 highly successful people that meditate.
- Russell Simmons- The multi-talented CEO of Def Jam claims that he has been practicing Transcendental Meditation for nearly two decades as a way to help him think, focus and be more creative. He even has his own app—Meditation Made Simple.
- Derek Jeter- Famed baseball player, Derek Jeter recently states in an interview that morning meditations are part of his routine on his recovery days.
- Michael Jordan- Famed athlete and current NBA franchise owner, Michael Jordan worked with a meditation teacher when playing for the Chicago Bulls to learn about focus.
- Kobe Bryant– Bryant, who is often hailed as one of the best to play the game, states he meditates daily to help him clear his mind.
- Oprah Winfrey– The millionaire mogul actually has a meditation center together with Deepak Chopra and is a major advocate of the practice.
- Jeff Weiner- If you look at the CEO of LinkedIn’s schedule, chances are you will see several blocks in his day meant exclusively for meditating.
- Rick Goings- Goings, who is the CEO of Tupperware, mediates for 20 mintues every afternoon to burn off stress and find clarity in his life.
- Marc Benoiff- The entrepreneur, most known for starting SalesForce, has been meditating for decades. He has even spoken at several conferences, helping to educate other leaders on the importance of mindful meditation.
- Kristen Bell- The beloved actress claims to meditate every morning as a way to help with the stresses of daily life, stating it helps her understand everything will unfold as it is intended to.
- Padmasree Warrior- Warrior is one of the most successful women in the tech world today, acting as CTO to big companies such as Motoroal and Cisco. The tech guru actually takes a digital detox every night and meditates each evening.
- Deepak Chopra– Already mentioned on our list for his meditation center with Oprah Winfrey, this meditation guru, has created numerous resources designed to help educate others on the art of meditation.
- Steve Jobs- While he may be known for his particular brand of genius, Steve Jobs was also a big advocate of meditation. In fact, Apple still encourages their employees to take time and meditate during the day while in the office.
- Rick Rubin- As one of the other co-founders of Def Jam, it should come as no surprise that Rubin also meditates daily to help him find harmony and creativity.
- Arianna Huffington- This co-founder of the Huffington Post includes meditation into part of her morning routine.
- Paul McCartney- The former Beatles member not only practices meditation regularly, but visited India in the 1960s to learn Transcended Mediation—something that actually inspired the group’s White Album.
- Bob Stiller- The founder of Green Mountain Coffee not only used meditation to find his own success, but encourages his entire staff to meditate daily as well.
- LeBron James- Very few athletes can compare to the highly-successful LeBron James, who is not only known for his intesity, but for using meditation to help him stay focused. He even famously meditated during a timeout in the NBA playoffs.
- Misty May-Trainor and Kerri Walsh- This dynamic duo spent years dominating the sand volleyball circuit, and these Olympic gold medalists may have their daily meditation practices to thank—which helped them learn to stay calm under pressure.
- Tony Robbins- The life coach and motivational speaker, uses his own unique form of meditation for around 10 minutes every morning to find emotional health and stability.
- Clint Eastwood- The award-winning actor and director is a big fan of Transcendental Meditation and has been using this ancient art form for more than 40 years to manage stress.
- Lena Dunham- The writer, actress and director credits meditation to helping her navigate the challenges that come her way and to helping her face the world in a more positive and organized fashion.
- Jerry Seinfeld- How did the famed comedian handle being the star, executive producer, head writer, editor and casting director for Seinfeld? Daily meditation. He claims it is how he survived nine-seasons of the network hit.